Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Rules and Disclaimers

Rules:

1. You may vote for one (1) story from each section (fiction and non-fiction). Yes, you are allowed to vote for your own story.

2. To vote send your choices for each section to me via email here.

3. Feel free to comment on any and all stories. Comments will not be counted as votes. Only votes emailed to this address will be counted.

4. Voting will continue until midnight EDT, October 7th. That allows for just over 1 week of reading and voting.

5. The winners will be announced on or after October 7th.

6. The winners of each category will win the right to brag...and that's it. Sorry, we're a blog on a budget.

7. Vote or Die. (Actually, even if you don't vote, please don't die. I don't want to feel responsible for that.)

8. You can like the stories or not like the stories, but be nice about it. These are real people who worked to put these together.

Disclaimers:

I take no credit for any stories posted in this contest, whether for good or ill. I did not write them, and in fact have been so busy that I really haven't read most of them.

If you have issues with the content, blame the author. If you have issues with the spelling, grammar or format, blame the author. If you have issues with the way in which the story was posted...ok, that one's all me.

If you really, really like the content of a story or happen to think that the author is the greatest thing since the microwave oven, tell them. I had nothing to do with it, and the author deserves all the praise.

8 Comments:

Blogger M said...

This was a great idea CK. Good on ya mate!

5:28 PM  
Blogger MC Etcher said...

You did a great job setting this up - every necessary element has been provided.

You may now quit your day job and run writing contests from now on...

5:58 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

MHN, thanks.

MC E, I think there might be a change in payscale if I quit my day job to do this. You will also notice that I had no story of my own contributed.

9:40 PM  
Blogger thordora said...

i just skimmed a few since I'm at work and I should be, you know, working....looking forward to reading on my lunch...

8:15 AM  
Blogger M said...

So, how's the voting going???

2:26 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

MHN, it's going well. Three people have sent in their votes so far, with plenty of time for everyone else to vote.

2:59 PM  
Blogger M said...

cool. :-)

6:00 PM  
Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

Hey--I wanna vote, but I have a personal "no email" to blogger-buddies policy--

do I suck too badly to vote?
Or can I vote for MC Etcher's by breaking the rules and saying: "pretty please let me vote for his most excellent prose right here, right now?"

Did I mention I suck?

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home